Transform an underused garden into an inviting urban oasis that provides privacy as well as beautiful views from the house.
- Remove and rebuild staircase in brick and cedar, to open up the lower level
- Build built in seating and bespoke table on lower level
- Install herringbone brick paviors to lower level
- Remove overgrown shrubs and brick edging
- Recycle existing York stone slabs on the upper level.
- We cast a concrete bench in situ and surrounded it with an arch of hops.
- Build new shou sugi ban (burnt timber) pavilion with green roof to provide seating and storage incorporating water feature
- Plant black bamboo, multi-stem trees underplanted with germander, various grasses and alliums. Plant new wall mounted planter with various herbs
- Plant climbing roses, wisteria and clematis along with cloud pruned tree and dogwood for winter colour
- Small copper beech hedge for privacy
One of our design goals was for the garden to look good from all levels of the house