Our re-landscaping took the themes of shingle and weathered timber, with a nod to Derek Jarman’s garden in Dungeness.
The project included
- a diagonal line of oak sleepers to create different levels
- herb bed
- fern planter outside the kitchen door to conceal the recycling bins below
- shingle fountain with assembled sculpture of found metal rods and pipes
- copper protects the frame of the trellis, the bird house roof and on the storage shed theshold.
- bespoke furniture design
- mirrors (to reflect some light into the constantly in-shade back of the house)
- wooden sculptures
- solar powered water feature and festoon lighting
- herringbone brick pavers
- hardwood decking
- garden shed (using a sealed up brick extension at the back of the house)
- low-maintenance, wildlife-friendly planting
- cosmposting area